True cost

Thursday, May 6, 2010

It was time to sort out all my credit card receipts and I made a list of all the items I bought and the amount I spent because of Wilton course 1. Wow! Of course a lot of these were either tools that will last a long time or are ingredients that I didn't use up completely, but still. That's a lot of money (and time) to invest in a deceptively inexpensive course! It is technically possible to get through the course with only the course kit, one 8" cake pan, meringue powder, piping gel, butter flavour, and ingredients, but the other items made life a lot easier. Anyway, here's the itemized list:

  • 22.39Course 1 kit
  • 7.38Angled spatula
  • 8.056" pan
  • 30.23Icing tip set with container
  • 2.34Small couplers
  • 2.01Large coupler
  • 20.15Decorating bags
  • 2.34Small couplers
  • 13.19Icing colours
  • 3.68Cake leveller
  • 14.14Piping gel, 8" pan, butter flavour
  • 9.028" pan
  • 5.70Cake boards
  • 16.79Cake caddy
  • 9.06Meringue powder
  • 10.07Bake-even strips
  • 16.12Turntable
  • 30.64Ingredients
  • $223.30

0 comments:

About Aileen

  • LATEST TWEET: @heyelisse No, I was at VIFF earlier. And I've seen it before. Did you watch?
  • LATEST MOVIE: Renoir
  • LATEST CELEBRITY CRUSH: Rufus Sewell
  • LATEST SONG: Jasper Steverlinck - Life on Mars

About this blog

TRIAL BY SUGAR is an attempt to document the recipe hacks of an occasional kitchen elf.

My name is Aileen and although I am useless in the kitchen most of the time, I enjoy baking immensely. There is something magical about throwing together a mishmash of ingredients, adding heat, and ending up in something that is much more than the sum of its parts.

Sometimes I pick recipes that fit the items in my cupboard, other times it is the ones that come with the prettiest pictures or the most intriguing combination of ingredients. However, most of the time, an idea pops in my head and I just have to find a way to recreate it in baked form. No matter how the recipes are chosen, I seem to always need to bring them to life in a different way because I don't have all the ingredients or because something else in my cupboard desperately wants to join in the fun.

This means all of the recipes in this blog are not direct copies of someone else's work - they have all been modified slightly, a lot, or, in some cases, are completely mangled. They are faithfully recorded with accompanying commentary and photos, and are available for anyone to use!

   Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com, but with some modifications of course.

Back to TOP